Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

Zany English on Japanese T-shirts

Welcome to
Raccoon City
Home of
Umbrella

I'm too shy to take pictures of random strangers' T-shirts, so I just jot down the nonsense passing as English emblazoned there, including line breaks.

I keep meaning to make a list but I jot the slogans down on random slips of paper and lose them before I ever get a chance to compile them.

So here's my pledge to enter T-shirt proclamations into this blog post within hours of seeing them, before I forget or lose my note to myself.

If you've seen some crazy Japanese T-shirts, feel free to add them in the comment section. Here's another I've seen recently:


Dwarf Bravery
Melting
 
 
 
Some of my favorites are those that approximate logical syntax, before veering off into the absurd, such as this one:
 
 
BLUE CROSS HAS ACTIVE FUNCTIONARY
WE ARE GOING IN SEARCH OF A GREAT PERHAPS.
 
 
Me too, I'm going in search of a great perhaps. Will report back.



10/7/13

Reporting back. Still haven't found the great perhaps, but did see this shirt while in pursuit:

Heaven knows
that you have
tired your best
 
 
Which is true, oh so true.






4 comments:

Leslie Jam said...

I live for the great perhaps!

Jessica Goodfellow said...

As should we all!

Tressa said...

I think the Great Perhaps is a something I can really get into...or at least give it a good maybe.

Jessica Goodfellow said...

That's the spirit, Tressa!