Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Atlantic blog has a list of sayings that have been retired from usage on those little candy hearts. "LET'S READ," is one of them, while "FAX ME" has been replaced by "TEXT ME".

A retired one that I remember getting in elementary school and being thoroughly confounded by is "OH YOU KID". I'm still confounded.

Check out the entire list for a Valentine's Day giggle.

image borrowed from theconfectionery.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Jessica! I just sent you a time-sensitive email and look forward to hearing from you soon. It is a gorgeous, sunny day in Pasadena. I hope you and yours are well in Kobe.

Jessica Goodfellow said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Mari. I'll check out my emails now. And it was a gorgeous Valentine's Day here too!