Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Recognize These Puncs?

Here's a fun article called "Fourteen Punctuation Marks That You Never Knew Existed" over at Buzzfeed.com (and a shout out to my virtual friend Kira who posted about this on Facebook).

Have a look and see how many of them you knew about previously. I knew 8 of them before reading the article. A few I wasn't familiar with are:

 The exclamation comma, for when you are excited, but also not finished.
Exclamation Comma

Also, the asterism, for indicating minor breaks in a text, or to mean "untitled," which is great since "untitled" is a title, but maybe an asterism isn't.
Asterism
There's also the because sign, which is the flipside of the therefore sign, and I love that, just because!
Because Sign

And finally, the aptly named snark:
Snark
Enjoy all the punctuation you can, that's my motto!

No comments: