Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Insomniac on a Pedestal

So I've been away for almost a week, which accounts for my silence. I took with me on my travels a single book, in contrast to the usual 4 or 5 I carry when going away. Can you guess what that travelling tome was? If you said Moby Dick, you are right!

I have the Penguin Popular Classics edition of Melville's masterpiece, and it has 536 pages total. I was able to read 351 pages during my time away, and I have to report I am liking it better than I had expected to. Until I finish the book in its entirety, I will be be reporting on this blog what page I am on at the beginning of each of my posts, as a motivation for me to finish (though I'm enjoying it enough for that to be reason enough.)

In other news, The Insomniac's Weather Report has been reviewed over at The Pedestal Magazine. It's a good review with some interesting insights, and I'm quite pleased. If you are so inclined, check it out!

2 comments:

eschorama said...

Great to hear you are reading Melville. I would love to discuss once you have finished.

Jessica Goodfellow said...

Thanks, James, will report on my impressions once I have finished, and would love at that time to hear your thoughts too.