Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

4 More A-4-isms

Spring has finally come to Kobe. We have been celebrating with cherry blossom viewing all week. Now let's celebrate with 4 more aphorisms from James Richardson's Vectors: Aphorisms and Ten-Second Essays.

23. All stones are broken stones.

171. To know, you just have to know. To believe, you have to make others believe.

207. Sometimes I hate beauty because I don't have a choice about loving it. I must be wrong in this, but whether because I take freedom too seriously, or love, I cannot tell.

374. I trick myself into sins I could not forgive myself for intending. If I could depend on myself for a little mercy, I would perhaps not have grown so expert in the self-deception that makes it so difficult minute to minute to know what I am really doing.

Hope you are enjoying spring too, wherever you are.

No comments: